Friday, September 20, 2024

Back in the Groove

 Sure has been a while, huh?

I feel like whenever I start these new website-y endeavors some shit happens that knocks me on my butt for a good chunk of time. And so, here I am, dusting off this barely-used blog after over a year.

I'm reviving it largely because I'm building a new website for myself on Neocities, and thought integrating my posts from here would be a good way to keep an active blog on the new site (somewhat). It's just a widget so clicking on any post will open a new tab to the main post here, but until I can figure out something else this will suffice.

So what's been going on with me?

A lot, actually.

My mom passed away last year (which is a large part of why I haven't touched this place since I first set it up). My partner and I have moved 3 times in the last 14 months. We've adopted another cat. I got a new-to-me car. I've applied to and been rejected from several potential promotions at work. I started another webcomic in addition to Saffron Wave. I got accepted into 3 zines that all have a very similar timeline so I'm crazy busy this autumn (why am I like this). Saffron Wave got accepted into the SpiderForest Webcomic Collective so it also has a shiny new site. And I'm building a new website for myself for my portfolio & stuff.

Somehow I've managed to keep my head above water and keep everything under control.

Now that I've built enough of the website that the hyperfixation has released me, I can get back to work on the 3 thousand comics I have to draw by the end of October. I'll update things here periodically, I've got too much on my plate right now to even thing about blogging on a regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment